The 15 most romantic things to do in Anguilla
A list of the most romantic and proposal-worthy spots for couples visiting Anguilla.
Toronto, Canada – May 30, 2016 – Anguilla is a British overseas territory in the Eastern Caribbean, most northerly of the Leeward Islands. The Caribbean’s best kept secret has recently been revealed in the new television series Coupled on Fox TV where couples find love after setting foot on the romantic island of Anguilla. Here are Anguilla’s top 15 romantic things to do with couples in mind.
- Seaside Horseback Riding at Seaside Stables Anguilla. Located in Cove Bay, Anguilla. This attraction lets you sunset horseback ride with a loved one along gorgeous Cove Bay beach.
- Couple’s Spa Retreat at one of many luxurious spas on the island. Zemi Beach House Resort & Spa, Malliouhana Auberge Resorts Collection, CuisinArt Resort and Spa and The Spa at Viceroy Anguilla are just some of many. Enjoy a variety of unique and relaxing experiences with your partner including body painting and aromatic coconut and passionfruit therapeutic compresses for deep relaxation.
- Escaping to a private island at Sandy Island or Scilly Cay. Explore the tiny island of Scilly Cay where the walls that line the coast are made of a dizzying number of white conch shells. Sandy Island is a beautiful getaway where many films and TV shows have been shot due to its exquisite scenery – a proposal-worthy place.
- Dinner for two at Veya Restaurant. Enjoy a romantic dinner for two in Sandy Ground, Anguilla, in what is referred to as the “Indonesian treehouse.” Veya Restaurant has a 360- degree wrap around a veranda with live music for an authentic and cultural experience.
- Romantic picnic on Little Bay Beach.Take a romantic picnic for two to a semi-private beach where tourists are not likely to venture. Accessible only by boat, the privacy makes for a great proposal atmosphere.
- Snorkeling at Little Bay. Show your adventurous side at Little Bay by snorkelling around the clear blue waters finding star fish, sea turtles and other sea creatures.
- Experience Anguilla’s signature cocktail – Rum Punches at the best beach bars. Make it an adventure to try all of the unique and vibrant punches at Elvis’s Beach Bar, Gwen’s Reggae Grill, Ferry Boat Inn, Garvey’s Sunshine Shack and Uncle Ernie’s.
- Rent a private boat with Sea Pro Charters to explore secret spots and coves on the island with your significant other on your own private boat with captain and crew. This includes trips to scenic, secluded islands.
- Challenge your partner to kiteboarding with lessons at Anguilla Watersports Kiteboarding Academy. After a few hours of lessons, you will be an experienced kite boarder in no time while enjoying the Anguillan sun and clear blue water.
- Rent a kayak with Anguilla Watersports. Take a glass-bottomed kayak out with a loved one and explore the islands and waters of Anguilla.
- Experience Anguilla nature and wildlife with the Birds in Paradise Tour 2016. With accommodations, ferry transfers to and from St. Martin, three meals daily, visits to all of Anguilla’s top wetlands and two of the country’s premier offshore cays. Check out the homes of local regional and global seabird colonies.
- Check out Anguilla’s growing art scene
at some of these many galleries:
-Devonish Art Gallery
-Estate Hope Art Studio
-Lynne Bernbaum Art Studio
-Sea Rocks Studio
-The Anguilla Arts and Craft Shop
-World Art and Antiques Gallery
- Go sailing with your sweetheart. The Anguilla Sailing Association allows you to take lessons from the pros, or take out your own sail boat with your partner and enjoy the views from the sea.
- Watch a concert at the Dune Preserve in Rondezvous Bay. This venue is made from old boats and has a rustic charm. Catch a concert after dinner here.
- Swim with dolphins at Dolphin Discovery in Blowing Point Beach, Anguilla. Set in the Caribbean Sea with St. Maarten in the background, Dolphin Discovery Anguilla is one of the biggest and most picturesque swim-with-dolphins facilities in the Caribbean.
For media related enquiries contact:
Nicola Blazier / Shauna Frampton
Jesson + Company Communications Inc.
77 Bloor Street West, Suite 1200
Toronto, Canada M5S 1M2
Phone (416) 323-7828